The Anglican church in Alicedale is St Barnabas's church. The worshippers at this church are from town and the surrounding farming community.
Holy Eucharist (with hymns) is celebrated at 9.00am during the summer months and 10.00am in winter each Sunday. An Anglican Prayer Book 1989 is used. On the first, second and fourth Sunday the service is in isiXhosa. On the third Sunday of the month the Holy Eucharist is celebrated in English.
The priest-in-charge is the Reverend Isaias Chachine, telephone 0710 050 185..
The chapel warden is Mrs Jacky Olckers, telephone 0826 019 665, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The assistant priests are
the Revd Victor Monaheng, telephone 0466 370 312 or 0837 319 203 and
the Revd Tim Fisher telephone 0719 661 798, email email@example.com.
The church is in Slessor Street, Alicedale.
Location: S33°18'55", E26°05'00"
The orientation of nave aisle is 5° South of East
The church was was dedicated in January 1887; the 125th anniversary jubilee of the church was celebrated in 2012. The church was built by the Railway Mission when the railway line from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg was being laid by Frederick Slessor.